Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings from Corellia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RanceDojo

Greetings from Corellia Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

I recently joined the 501st and got my first costume approved as an Imperial Bridge Crewman.  My plan is to build a TIE Pilot next. But, that may have changed.

I knew that I was going to pick up a light saber and do a Generic Jedi at some point.  The cost of a decent machined aluminum light saber was, to me at least, a little prohibitive.  Also, the cost of making a Jedi costume was a little daunting.  However, two things have happened that have lit a fire under my Vulo.  My daughter got a decent sewing machine for the holidays and last week I won a Kyberlight Master Pack on Facebook. There are a few other "mods" that I'm going to pick up once I get to play with it for a while to make it look like I want it to...but, there you go.

What's the point of having a Jedi costume and sparing light saber if you can't put them to good use?  None, I tell you.  I'm all about visiting hospitals and doing charity events.

So, here I am.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Rand
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Welcome to Saber Guild from Central Texas! 

We have a great working relationship with the 501st and Rebel Legion down here. We often do many of the same events and extend invitations between the groups. I am also a member of the 501st (and Rebel Legion). The 501st is great, but it is hard just standing around. Saber Guild gets you moving and performing in your costume which brings the Star Wars universe to life! Fans like taking pictures with 501st and Rebel Legion. Their costumes are awesome, but it's nothing compared to the excitement when they see sabers clash in a performance!

I would be careful with your Kyberlight. I have tested a few and they do not hold up to the rigors of other sabers (Saberforge, Ultrasabers). Plus they do not have swappable batteries, so if your saber dies you have to recharge it, which takes you out of the "game". Swappable batteries are always preferable for cons and long performances.

As far as prepping your costume, JoAnns's fabric store can get you your material really cheap if you are aggressive with the coupons (gotten as low as $59 for all the materials). Also if you need help creating costumes, my wife, Heather (Rey, SG-192), can give you tips and pointers on creating your costume. 

Again welcome to the cool kids club!

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
RanceDojo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome.  Trust me when I say that I've done my research.  If i had the funds, I'd go with Ultra Sabers, but they don't come in a configuration that I want for less than $500. The Kyberlight was free and I'll make do with if I can until I can order a better one.

As for the actual costume, I've done my research there as well.  I just wish there were more patterns available.

Thanks again,
Rand
Back to top Go down
Boj-Vaati Mau
Official Member
Boj-Vaati Mau

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Welcome aboard, Randy! Exciting times in NJ with the buildup of your Temple. You'll love performing as it really enhances the trooping experience as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 am

Rand,

We have access to the actual patterns for tunics and the correct tabards. You can deviate from the traditional, however, your design should be approved prior to the execution of the design. This way you are not spending money on a costume that is not able to be approved.

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Corellia   Greetings from Corellia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Corellia
Page 1 of 1