HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Etain Thrail
Assistant Global Director

PostSubject: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Alright, gang. The trooping event has shifted locations, due to logistics. Here's what we have planned, plus some exciting news.

The event will take place here, this coming Wednesday, January 11th, 2012.

Frank & Son's
19649 San Jose Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748
website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is the same place we had the Leah Raffle at a short while back.

We'll be getting there at 2pm to setup. Doors open at 3pm and we'll be there until closing.

We'll have a few thousand of the Leah cards to pass out! These are being sent specifically for this event. Any leftovers will be kept for future similar events, and / distributed to other fan groups to do the same.

I'm inviting sister group Saber Guild, sister group the Mandalorian Mercs, both Legions, Fanforce, and any other Star Wars costumer that is willing to attend and help out, per our policy. TDE makes "joint troops" of this type as part if its overall mission of cooperation with other fan groups.

BREAKING NEWS:
Honorary Member Daniel Logan will be with us at this event! We don't know exactly what time he'll be there, and he'll only be there for about an hour or two, but I've been able to confirm that he will be arriving to assist us in getting the word out about Leah, and help raise funds at the event. Daniel has been at Frank & Son's before.

I know this is short notice, but timing has been of the essence, regarding the traveling Leia doll (see orginal post in this thread), and other scheduling, so this event MUST occur on Wednesday the 11th.

As for the Disneyland non-costumed photo-shoot, I'd like to do that the same day, with some people as possible, that morning, say about 10 or 11am. I'll post more on that here.

All updates will be posted here in the TDE Corsucant Temple forums. I am highly looking forward to this! Please also post here if you can attend.

Back to top Go down
http://www.outerrimsaberguild.com/

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:50 pm

This just an appearance, correct?
Back to top Go down
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:14 pm

yes no show

Back to top Go down
Rholvion
Official Member

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Unable to make it, out of town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Unfortunately,
I will not be able to make it either.
Back to top Go down
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 am

UPDATE:

Joe just got off the phone with Daniel's agent a short while ago, and have now confirmed that our good friend will be joining us at 3pm, when Frank & Son's opens.

Not sure how long he will be able to stay, but count on at least an hour, perhaps two or more. It's therefore vital that as many of us as possible get there on time. Remember, setup and costume gear-up is at 2pm.

Daniel is appearing with us specifically to help Leah, so I'm asking that all Saber Guild members and those trooping with us from sister groups and other clubs to respect that; I do not know if he will be doing any autographs or not - I'm leaving that up to him. We are all professionals here (Saber guild, TDE, Mercs, 501st, RL, etc), and I'm glad that so far nearly a dozen people have said they are coming. I would like to get as many local SW costumers as possible for this, with everyone understanding the main reason we are all there. Photo-ops are, of course, a highlight of the evening.

We will also be passing out the Leah cards and and accepting monetary donations for Leah.

Gentle Giant is also contributing a couple of items that we will be silently auctioning off - more info on that on Monday.

Saber Guild is grateful to actor Daniel Logan for assisting us at this event.

See you all at 2pm on Wednesday!

Back to top Go down
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 pm

UPDATE:

3,000 of the Princess Leah cards, as depicted below, have arrived for distribution at this event. These cards were donated by another TDE Honarary Member of ours, Stephen Stanton. Each corner of the cards depicts the logo of a major Star Wars costuming fan group, including TDE, the Mercs, and the two Legions. I love how even our Honorary Members are also graciously giving of themselves for this cause.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stephen Stanton and The Brutal One with a Leah Card

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These cards are 4x6 inches in size, and tell Leah's story on the front.

For Princess Leah!!

Back to top Go down
Mirsylus
Global Director
Global Director

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 pm

have fun, guys. i can't make it.. by the time i get home from work n fight traffic to get out there, it'll b almost time to shut it down...

plus Rob is modifying my costume... =]

Thank you for your confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012   

Back to top Go down

Leia's Journey For Baby Leah - trooping event and photo shoot 1/11/2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1