Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings from Pennsylvania

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JediMav

Greetings from Pennsylvania  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:16 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Mike, and I'm from right outside Philadelphia PA (Delaware County to be exact).
I met several of you at Celebration Orlando on Sunday and thanks for being so awesome. Everyone was welcoming and very friendly.

I'm a life long Star Wars fan like I'm sure many of you are, and in my "day job" I'm a balloon artist and children's entertainer. I have two Star Wars loving daughters and a very tolerant and patient wife
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome and cheers for taking your first step into a larger world!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
Etain Thrail
Local Director
Local Director
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 pm

[size=35]Hello and welcome my name is Stephen and I am the Assistant Global Director for the Saber Guild as well has the Local Director for the Outer Rim Temple in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will have them answered as quickly as possible. My self and the rest of the Global Council are here to help as much as we can.[/size]
Back to top Go down
http://www.outerrimsaberguild.com/
JediMav

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks Stephen and Paul,
I'm very excited to get started. My costume does need some tweaking before it's ready for pictures and I'm working on that. Since I do live in Pa and there is no local chapter or one convienant to me I was wondering what I should do as far as membership?

At Celebration it was mentioned that a local chapter could be started, and I'm not opposed to the leg work at all but I would need your help to even begin that process obviously, but would need and appreciate a lot of guidance.

Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 am

Of course. We can support you in setting up a chapter. There is one approved member in Pennsylvania. He has an Asharad Hett costume but we made it a trooping only costume for safety. Message Dbickel on this forum. He can share location with you. Maybe he is close by?

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
JediMav

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:23 am

Thank you, I will.
Back to top Go down
dbickel
Official Member
dbickel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Luethar wrote:
Of course. We can support you in setting up a chapter. There is one approved member in Pennsylvania. He has an Asharad Hett costume but we made it a trooping only costume for safety. Message Dbickel on this forum. He can share location with you. Maybe he is close by?

Paul

I live in Harrisburg which is about 2 hours away from him probably. I also submitted a video of me fighting with my mask on, but never got a response from anyone. It's not anymore difficult to fight in my outfit since saber fights are choreographed. There are obvious restrictions I need, specifically a wide, clear space. I also telegraph the fight a little by moving my mask in the direction of wherever my next block would come from. Lastly I also have all my strikes be wide strikes and never thrust due to vision limitations.
Back to top Go down
Lord Dread
Local Director
Local Director
Lord Dread

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 7:19 pm

HEY MIKE,
I live in Southern NJ (Burlington county) and will assist you any way i can.
Feel free to PM/Email me direct at EFX@COMCAST.NET
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania    Greetings from Pennsylvania  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Pennsylvania
Page 1 of 1