Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Introduction Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Finntheirish

PostSubject: Introduction Thread   Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

I wanted to start an introduction thread so we could all get to know each other. I know a few introductions have been made in other places such as Facebook and other forum posts, but as a Temple in it's infancy, I think this could be a good way to get to know each other. With new recruits likely to join in the coming weeks and months I think this would be an excellent way for us to get to know each other. It may be some time before everybody gets to meet each other so let's say Hello here. 

I think it would be a good idea to include your general location for referencing good places to meet. Again I know this has already happened on Facebook for many of us, but for future reference this might make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Finntheirish

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Thread   Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:52 pm

I'll Start...

Hello I'm Logan. 

I hail from Clermont (Really four corners area, just above Davenport)

I have been a Member of the Rebel Legion for a while so I am no stranger to star wars costuming, but I would love to add the element of theatrics and saber combat to my love of costuming. I have experience in theatre and some martial arts but would really be a newcomer to stage combat so I look forward to the challenge. I look forward to meeting you all.
Back to top Go down
Loharr Talem

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Thread   Mon May 01, 2017 8:17 am

I'm Garrett, I hail from Winter Park, but I am new to the area. I moved here from the Annapolis area of Maryland. I am decent with a thread and needle. I have little stage experience, with 2 high school plays under my belt, and a few improv shows. I have experience in martial arts. I have no experience in stage fighting, though I would love to get around to that. I look forward to training with you all, as well as performing with you all.
Back to top Go down
MasterEcho

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Thread   Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 am

Hi all, my name is Alfred and I'm down in Miami. I run a Saber class outside of Saber Guild and we do cons, public performances and more. The name of the class/system is SaberCraft. You can check it out here: sabercraft.org. We just did Florida SuperCon and some of us may head up for TBCC this weekend. One of our other members just became a member of SaberGuild as well. Just want to confirm, has everyone on this thread has been accepted into SaberGuild and they are listed here - http://saberguild.org/members-image-page/ ?

For anyone in the South Florida area, you can join us every Saturday to learn some new techniques or choreographies but we do not have a standard meet yet on behalf of Saber Guild yet. 

Just want to confirm that since we have 2 down here in Miami and several in Orlando, at what point do we become a Temple? Does the temple account for the whole state or is it by city?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sabercraft.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Thread   

Back to top Go down

Introduction Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1