Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start

Go down 
+3
AcheloisSeren
Luethar
Hopsha Kin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hopsha Kin

Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Empty
PostSubject: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 am

I was helping Ruusan Temple with their booth at West Jordan Stampede a couple weeks ago (that's the closest temple to my knowledge), and John suggested I start one in Idaho! I have a combat ready lightsaber I purchased at SLCC last year, but as for a costume, that's still a work in progress!

I read through the charter, and I saw that you need three official members to have a squad and five to start a temple! The question I have is in regards to recruitment! Can I print out flyers for recruiting and/or use a Facebook page? If I do, what would I use for a logo? I noticed each temple has its own design! Do we design those ourself? I'm pretty sure I know at least enough people to start a squad and possibly even a temple without recruiting, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself! Maybe a lot of that comes after the temple has been established! Anyways, if you could help me out, that'd be awesome! May the Force be with you! Smile

~Hopsha Kin~
Idahoan Jedi
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 am

Hello. My name is Paul and I am the Membership Director of Saber Guild. 

Saber Guild is the LucasFilm Limited preferred costumed lightsaber choreography group. We differ from Ludosport and other groups in that we are purely stage combat and choreography. Safety of our fans and our members is our primary focus. Therefore we do not engage in ad-hoc or unpracticed choreography. 

If you already have a group that is interested in becoming part of Saber Guild then those individuals will need to procure a combat ready lightsaber and an approved costume. Once you have 3 members you are considered a Saber Guild Squad. Once you have 5 approved members you are then awarded the mantle of Temple. It is at that time that elections for a Local Director and Local Costume Consular take place. 

This is how Temples are established for Saber Guild. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I can coordinate an Idaho Recruitment Facebook Group if you like to assist in recruiting in your area. Logos are not approved until after a Temple is established. The Media team helps with that. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
Hopsha Kin

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know! I think most, if not all, of the people I know have combat ready lightsabers! We're geeks and that's just how we roll! :p

The main task will be getting approved costumes together! A lot of us have pretty extensive theatre and/or cosplay backgrounds, and so putting together a costume within the guidelines shouldn't be too tough, I hope!

An Idaho Recruitment group on Facebook would be amazing! It would be a great place to collaborate and share ideas as well as ask for help when needed!

If I wanted to do some in-person recruiting, would it be okay if I just used the basic Saber Guild logo to make some flyers? I was thinking of setting up a meeting for those who might be interested to get together, talk, get to know each other, and throw around ideas! Smile

~Hopsha Kin~
Idahoan Jedi
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 7:40 am

Yes. You should speak with Adrienne. She is our PR person and can get you electronic versions of our press kits and such. I will create an Idaho Recruitment Group, but what area are you in? I would like to make it a little more specific than all of Idaho.
Back to top Go down
Hopsha Kin

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 pm

How would I go about getting in contact with Adrienne? Could she possibly send whatever I might need to my email address that's linked to this account? As for my location, I'm in Twin Falls, Idaho!

Thanks a ton for all the help! This should be an exciting new adventure, and I can't wait to get our temple up and rolling! This has definitely been a dream that's been sitting at the back of my mind for a while! May the Force be with you! Smile

~Hopsha Kin~
Idahoan Jedi
Twin Falls, ID
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I will open a group called Saber Guild Southern Idaho Recruitment Group. Look for the group on Facebook later on this evening. Adrienne will be in the group and you can reach out to her then.
Back to top Go down
AcheloisSeren
Official Member
AcheloisSeren

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello Hopsha Kin!

I'm Lili and I am in Pullman, Wa (WSU) and looking to start a temple too! Maybe we could work together since we are somewhat close and if we went to conventions, we would be traveling to similar cons. Send me PM any time!

~Lili
Back to top Go down
http://hideawayartist.deviantart.com/
ionicdesign
Local Costume Consular
ionicdesign

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 3:33 am

Hello Curtis. We have several near Boise with completed costumes and sabers. Perhaps we could work together?
How are you doing on your costume at this point?
Back to top Go down
Darth_ana
Official Member

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Pocatello is taking up the cause again. Myself and hubby have applied with tow face characters and are working on a Jedi and sith respectively. At least three others I know also currently working on saber guild appropriate Jedi. We’ve been active on the Facebook recruitment group.
Back to top Go down
LadyB
Local Costume Consular
LadyB

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 am

We've been sitting on stuff for a bit getting the group all together, but should go ahead and proceed with our applications.
Back to top Go down
kjsmith2889

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 am

Hello all my name is Kyle I'm new to all this. I love star wars cosplay and I'm excited to hopefully become a jedi. Like all of you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
ionicdesign
Local Costume Consular
ionicdesign

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Welcome Kyle. Check in over this way (if you can, if not do tell) https://saberguild.forumotion.com/f54-saber-guild-treasure-valley-idaho

where we're discussing things over on this side of the state, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start   Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idaho Temple - Wanting To Start
Page 1 of 1