Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
six8ten
Local Director
Local Director

PostSubject: WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)   Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 pm

As we're still fairly small here in Tokyo, some of us will have to switch sides depending on who is available for events. As such, I'd like to post a work in progress for a 2nd costume for SG-319 forum name: Kuroto Kirihara. We'd like to get a once-over before making some of the more permanent adjustments.

A couple notes:
Still a work in progress. Tabard & obi attachments/closures are not yet sewn on so they can still be adjusted (currently Velcro & double stick tape. If the placement is ok, the velcro will be permanently attached). 

The red underliner on the tabards is fixed above the belt, but not below the belt for a bit more flow of movement. 
The Obi will be worn so that the overlap is on the side or back, not off center front as in the photos. I've also recommended tapering the under part of the overlap so that the underlapping bits will be completely covered and not slip out past the edges.
Boot photos are included, but separate from the costume. There is a joint just below the knee where the top can be folded down so that the boot does not go above the knee.

Any thoughts before we move forward?

-Luke, stop it!
Back to top Go down
six8ten
Local Director
Local Director

PostSubject: Re: WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Small update: 
 Nothing adjusted in tabards yet (they can be seen in the side view, they're being held up in the other shots to show the boot more clearly in relation to the knee), but these shots show the boot folded over at the knee:

-Luke, stop it!
Back to top Go down
techgnosi
Global Costuming Director

PostSubject: Re: WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 pm

There's only two big things I see with this costume.

The first is that right now the Tabards are too long. They should stop about 3 inches past the hem of the tunic. So you'd need to either lengthen the tunic, or shorten the tabards which I hate saying, but these is about double what we normally allow for length of tabard so wiggle room is minimal.

The other is the boots should be tugged down more if possible. They should peak about where the upper-calf is. That'll also help cover up the pirate look in the back.

What I mean by the pirate look is you can see how the back part of the roll over on the boot does not go all the way around. When you look up Mace Windu Boots, who has the pulled down look, it's an even cuff all the way around. Given the hell that is finding men's boots, especially over seas I think we can work around this, but pulling it down about another...2-3 inches will make it look all the better.

Just needs an under tunic and everything else looks great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)   

Back to top Go down

WIP: New Sith outfit (current Jedi member)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1