Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!

Go down 
+5
Darth Tannos
TrooperPX
six8ten
Stiletto
Chouwa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chouwa
Official Member
Chouwa

Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Empty
PostSubject: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:24 am

Grrreetings! From the land of the rising sun, cherry blossoms, ninja and all that sort of things! Yay!

I'm Chouwa (Harmony in Japanese), 30, and I live in Tokyo since March 2011. Yeah, that March 2011. With the big tsunami and all. Before that, I lived in that country with the cheese, wine & Eiffel Tower. In my non-Jedi life, I'm a Japanese to English & French translator and a HUGE Expanded Universe fan, from KOTOR to the books & comics.

I applied to join your (lightsiders) ranks two weeks ago and hopefully everything will go well.

We're a bunch of saber enthusiasts here in Tokyo with Six8ten (<- our super multi-teacher) and 5~6 other members. We do choreography and meet every week, and we'd like to share that enthusiasm for LED sticks with people from around the world. It would be nice if we could create our own Japanese Saber Guild chapter.

I have already made contact with one of your members in Rome, he's a really cool guy and gave me a lot of information (but I don't know his handle name, haha).
I hope I can meet you all in Anaheim next year.

And that's it for the introduction I guess. May the Force be with you guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Stiletto
Retired
Stiletto

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Heck yeah, another country heard from! Is this the "Jedi Arts" crew that organizes/organized on mixi that I heard about a few years ago, or something else entirely?

I'm the guy responsible for this personal project in 2012 and my 2014 update has been long in progress... I'll be adding every Saber Guild temple (among many /other/ things), including the one I'm (in progress) a member of, Keystone Temple in Pennsylvania.
http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-giant-list-of-lightsaber-enthusiast-choreo-performance-dueling-clubs.50003518/
(and spammed a few other places)

Welcome to the forums! Smile
Back to top Go down
six8ten
Local Director
Local Director
six8ten

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:01 pm

We are from the Tokyo Lightsaber Academy (though that name may soon be changing to some sort of Saber Guild spin-off name) group, which sort of branched off from the Jedi Arts/Saber Arts group as they were only meeting once every month or two and we wanted to play around more often- we meet nearly every week. When they do have meetups, we still jump in, and any of their members are fully welcome to join any of our practice sessions at any time.
Back to top Go down
Chouwa
Official Member
Chouwa

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Yes, I am part of the Jedi Arts but practice has become very rare (and now is not a good time to be meeting in Yoyogi park...). This resulted as six8ten mentioned, in the creation of the Tokyo Lightsaber Academy, which will, if everything goes well, soon be a branch/temple of the Saber Guild.

Very cool project, you should even make a small website, it would be great to help saber enthusiasts find their way wherever they are.
Back to top Go down
TrooperPX
Official Member
TrooperPX

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Konnichiwa Chouwa-sanWatashiwa David desu.  Anime kichigai.  Embarassed

Do you know Yuki-chan with the Moisture Farmers Union?
Back to top Go down
Chouwa
Official Member
Chouwa

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Ohayou gozaimasu (^v^)/

I know a lot of people from the MFU, and I think we have several Yukis in there. Is she in the MFU staff? Or are you talking about "Master Kenobi" Yuki?
Back to top Go down
TrooperPX
Official Member
TrooperPX

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 9:23 am

Master Kenobi...  here we are at Celebration VI:

Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! 304570_475880092431651_1671424724_n

I'm also a big fan of Okitsugu Kado's vegetable carving.  But I am off topic.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chouwa
Official Member
Chouwa

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 am

Oh yeah, you guys look cool Cool I can even see Oki san in the background!

They live in Kansai (western Japan) and I live in Tokyo (eastern Japan) so we don't get to meet as often as I would like, but we did participate to various events together, including the Kobe Festival in which we (the 3 of us + Six8ten) performed with lightsabers. They're always really kind.
Back to top Go down
six8ten
Local Director
Local Director
six8ten

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:06 am

Just to clarify, the Moisture Farmer's Union isn't so much an organized group as it is a Star Wars fan convention that meets a couple of times a year. While there is a pretty large core set of people that go every time, it is open to the public and anyone can come in and check it out as well. I wouldn't really say someone is "from" the Moisture Farmer's Union, though, unless maybe they were part of the group that organizes the thing.

I think the Osaka/Kansai division of Saber Arts/Jedi Arts group meets more often than the Tokyo area does (again, hence the reason we branched off on our own).
Back to top Go down
Darth Tannos
Official Member
Darth Tannos

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 pm

It's great to meet you!  Wow, that's the quite the life there.  Hope to meet you soon, and welcome to the family. =)
Back to top Go down
Boj-Vaati Mau
Official Member
Boj-Vaati Mau

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Konnichi-wa, Chouwa, from the Golden Gate Temple! I would love to get back to your beautiful country some day.
Back to top Go down
Chouwa
Official Member
Chouwa

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Thank you guys for having me in Smile

If you ever come to Japan, feel free to contact me (Twitter & Facebook page down here ↓). It will be my pleasure to show you around!
Back to top Go down
Boj-Vaati Mau
Official Member
Boj-Vaati Mau

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:34 pm

That would be a most excellent adventure, dude! Cool
Back to top Go down
six8ten
Local Director
Local Director
six8ten

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Boj-Vaati Mau wrote:
That would be a most excellent adventure, dude! Cool

And now I have Aerosmith stuck in my head:

Tha-at tha-at Dude looks like a lady...
Back to top Go down
lazlototh
Official Member
lazlototh

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:04 pm

ようこそ!

Hello! Hope to hear more from my spiritual homeland.....
Back to top Go down
Etain Thrail
Local Director
Local Director
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:23 am

hello and welcome to the Saber Guild Forums
Back to top Go down
http://www.outerrimsaberguild.com/
Mirsylus
Global Director
Global Director
Mirsylus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Thanks for joining. Welcome to the forums. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!   Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi there from Tokyo! Yoroshiku!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saber Guild :: Saber Guild Information :: "GRRREETINGS!"-
Jump to: