Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New in Everett, WA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CharlieCat

New in Everett, WA Empty
PostSubject: New in Everett, WA   New in Everett, WA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello, my name is Charlie. I just signed up for the forums. I don't have a lightsaber or a costume yet. I feel like I need more information before I can get started. I looked at the costume standards, but there aren't nearly enough visuals for me. I also looked at the acceptable lightsaber specs, but are there certain lightsaber merchants that anyone can point me towards that meet the standards? I feel like I need more guidance lol.
Anyways, I'm 29. I'm agender and my pronouns are they/them/their. I want to be a Sith, no question. Looking forward to getting started!
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

New in Everett, WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New in Everett, WA   New in Everett, WA Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:08 am

Welcome Charlie,

Welcome to the Saber Guild forums. This is your first step into a larger world! 

My name is Paul, I am located in Central Texas (Austin) and I am Saber Guild's Global Membership Director. I oversee costuming and membership.

Costume information is available throughout our website and forums. the expanded standards are located here and will be updated in the upcoming months to have more pictures and clarification. The approvable colors for each type of costume is located here in our pantone chart. And finally you can reference some of the newer costumes, located here on our membership directory page. I would suggest looking at the newer costumes with numbers over SG-175 as some of the older costumes may have original pictures that were not up to the current standards. 

As far as lightsabers, there are many brands we have validated as combat ready lightsabers. The most common are Ultrsasabers, SaberForge, Vader's Vault, Genesis Custom Sabers and a few custom saber makers. Kyberlight is currently not an approvable lightsaber brand.

Since you are in Washington, you may reach out to the Jet City Temple on their Facebook page or you can email them at jetcitysaberguild@gmail.com. Their Local Director Kay, and the Costume Consular, Amanda, can direct you further and can assist with the questions about the design and submission of your costume or which lightsaber can best fit your budget. These are very experienced individuals and are a valuable resource in your area. 

Again, welcome to the Saber Guild forums. We hope to hear from you soon!

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
Lleutiegr
Official Member
Lleutiegr

New in Everett, WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New in Everett, WA   New in Everett, WA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Charlie and welcome! We recommend visiting class as a first step. We welcome new folks. We meet every Thursday evening in Seattle. This week we'll have many folks bringing their costumes to make an audition tape. It's not a typical class but it's a good time to ask questions.

Our Director is actually Chrissy, Kay is our Assistant Director, Amanda and the whole team will be happy to help out. Come by and get to know us!

Best Regards,

Anne
Back to top Go down
CharlieCat

New in Everett, WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New in Everett, WA   New in Everett, WA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Thank you both for replying! 
Paul that was really helpful information. That link to more detail about costumes was really helpful and so was know some saber sellers that are approved.
Anne thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately I didn't realize that the meetings would be in Seattle. Making it all the way to Seattle on even a semi-regular basis is simply not possible for me :/ I was rather hoping there might be more local gatherings, but I understand if that's not possible. I expect this to be an extremely slow process for me anyways, due to extreme financial limitations as well as just only being able to handle only so much at once. So I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New in Everett, WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: New in Everett, WA   New in Everett, WA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New in Everett, WA
Page 1 of 1