Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Long Island

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phantomvector

Hello from Long Island Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Long Island   Hello from Long Island Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:49 am

Totally new, going to my first lesson next Sunday. Seems like I might be on here a little early. Well seems like people lead with some information, so here goes. My name is Tony, I want to join because it would allow me to do charity work, while doing something physical, and being Star Wars related only makes it about 500% more awesome. I've got some minimal experience in sword fighting from Kendo, and HEMA(only got a few months under my belt, but I've been going strong). I do Dagorhir, for those familiar on the weekends as a way work out other then the gym. 

I did have a couple questions coming in, after reviewing the costuming standards. Are Rus pants legal to use? I've got a pair of basic black linen ones, that are comfy, and excellent for moving around in. At least for Sith, they aren't (much?) baggier then Hakama, and are easy to use with boots thanks to their design.

Is there a rule against having a crossguard on a lightsaber? I don't mean a Kylo Ren style one, just a basic metal one, like a longsword. Or is it because its not canon its not allowed?
Back to top Go down
Luethar
Official Member
Luethar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Hello from Long Island Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Welcome to Saber Guild and your first step into a larger world!

I apologize for the delay a great portion of our staff were at Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017. So we did not get to greet everyone that registered over the past week or so.

Mike James is the Local Costume Consular in Endor Temple. He can also answer costuming questions and is a great local resource for you.

To answer your questions, the Rus pants would not be approvable. They are of a different design then that of Hakama. Rus pants are designed to be tucked in, where Hakama are to be worn outside the pants. The pantaloon effect of the Rus pants takes away from teh Star wars aesthetic.

A metal cross-guard would not be permitted. The two references of cross-guard sabers in canon lore have "exhaust ports" where the blade's energy is expended. Therefore a purely ornamental/functional cross-guard would not be permitted. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Welcome aboard and we all look forward to the day that you become an official member of Saber Guild. 

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SGEidolonTemple
Etain Thrail
Local Director
Local Director
Etain Thrail

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Hello from Long Island Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 pm

[size=35]Hello and welcome my name is Stephen and I am the Assistant Global Director for the Saber Guild as well has the Local Director for the Outer Rim Temple in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will have them answered as quickly as possible. My self and the rest of the Global Council are here to help as much as we can.[/size]
Back to top Go down
http://www.outerrimsaberguild.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Hello from Long Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Long Island
Page 1 of 1