Saber Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber Guild

Not-for-Profit Star Wars Costume Group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Membership Status

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dbickel
Official Member
dbickel

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Howdie all,

I'm a lonely Saber Guild member in Pennsylvania. Another Saber Guild member recently made me aware of some charter changes which were not relayed to me which have me concerned. I hope some of this can be clarified for me, being a simple member. There is a requirement for active membership to attend 2 practices or one event each calendar year if associated with a temple. Now I am not associated with a temple so according to the charter I must respond to an email by January 15h.

For people (like myself) there are some pretty large obstacles to this change. First, this change was not conveyed well (if at all) to members not affiliated with a temple. Second, its virtually impossible for members like myself to attend Saber Guild events as every group is local and does their own Facebook thing. It would be really awesome if there was like a google calendar account that silly members like myself can figure out if events will be occurring close enough to where I live that I could troop at in my Saber Guild costume. We are almost halfway into 2018 and there is not a single Saber Guild event posted for any of the temples within a 3 hour drive of my house (there are 4 such temples, one at least had some events posted for 2017, the others nothing at all or no events in the past 2 years).

Now I am in multiple LFL recognized Star Wars clubs, and all of them have where to find events at least posted in their areas. This allows members like myself that are outside their area the opportunity to attend and be part of Saber Guild. Every group is different, but I find it difficult to say we are one unified club when it feels to me to be very local.

Some thoughts or advice would be most appreciated.
Don
SG-354
Back to top Go down
Lord Dread
Local Director
Local Director
Lord Dread

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Hey Don,
Where in PA are you located?
I'm just across the Bristol/Betsy Ross bridge in south jersey.

Last edited by Lord Dread on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dbickel
Official Member
dbickel

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Harrisburg, PA
Back to top Go down
Lord Dread
Local Director
Local Director
Lord Dread

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 pm

The NJ Temple (Corellia) 
https://www.facebook.com/saberguildcorellia/

The NY Temple (Empire)
https://www.facebook.com/EmpireSaberGuild/

The CT Temple (Connecticut) 
https://www.facebook.com/ctsaberguild/

All 3 post their event locations and open invites for rehearsals on those pages.

Check the EVENTS tab on their pages and message them for more information.
Back to top Go down
T'so koon
Official Member
T'so koon

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 am

A general google calender is not a bad idea at all... i know of a few world wide memebers that dont have a temple, and maybe are willing to travel to "semi-large" events like a local con or something. Even as Don mentions it, it will keep everyone aware, including the US member with out temples.

Each temple could have a color in google calender, and date/time of said event. Sounds like soething worth while to look into.
Back to top Go down
FynnKonnar
Official Member

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 am

Would he qualify for the Northeast Saber Guild page?
Back to top Go down
Lord Dread
Local Director
Local Director
Lord Dread

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm

FynnKonnar wrote:
Would he qualify for the Northeast Saber Guild page?
I believe So Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Membership Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Membership Status   Membership Status Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Membership Status
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saber Guild :: Global Temples :: Saber Guild Global News-
Jump to: